T R A V E L L U S - F R E Q U E N T U S

navigate using the bars above, pink for main blog content

My mum is the original Sasha Fierce
6:48 AM - Monday, February 15, 2010


Just as I thought this year's cny would be yet another snooze fest, my normally "CCC" a.k.a. cool, calm & collected mum told my aunt off. It's like watching a HK drama come to life! Trust me, it takes a hell lot of effort to piss my mum off (no one tests her patience as much as I do) so I credit it to my aunt's incessant nagging, the hot weather, Sozo the dog sniffing around her legs and her uncomfortable little black dress. Anyway, far from shocking me, it provided comic relief to the boring atmosphere. Yes, that was the only entertaining event that took place today.

Of all public holidays, I hate Chinese New Year the most. If not for the red packets and as what the Chinese call "giving face", I would boycott this occasion all together. Somehow, there is something about forced smiles, shaking hands and greeting "Happy New Year" to some of my detestable relatives that irks me to no end. Luckily, I'm saved from the clutches of my dad's side relatives. This year, I also selectively shook hands...a grand total of 7 hands I shook (and 3 included my best friends' parents). I used to shake around 20. Just waiting for work to start so I can skip visiting relatives altogether from next year on.

Now, when will the website to check the Toto draw load properly?


0 comments (create) - (View)