T R A V E L L U S - F R E Q U E N T U S

navigate using the bars above, pink for main blog content

An affair in red square
5:13 AM - Tuesday, December 08, 2009


"Don't leave a piece of jewelry at his house so you can go back and get it later; he may be with his real girlfriend." Amy Sedaris

Yesterday, I mustered enough courage to do grocery shopping in a supermarket. Exaggerated but true, grocery shopping will never be the same again after Lund. I could never feel that amount of ease walking through rows and rows of products, sussing through what to buy... in short, grocery shopping in Giant just stresses the hell outta me. But, the same could not be said for Willys or ICA in Lund, where I maneuver and meander leisurely, taking my own sweet time, and throughly enjoying this mundane experience. Talk about contentment! When you are content, you can be picking out weeds from the garden and still feel that you are engaged in the most interesting activity.

Complaints aside, this is not the issue I had in mind today. I know my blogs are few and far between, but when I have issues to blog about, they are always insightful right? Or should I delude myself into thinking so? Lol... so anyway, in light of the recent Tiger Woods incident and the stories circulating around me recently, I decided to give my 2 cents worth. I believe my blog title should have given some inkling, but first, enjoy a customary song which will give you an even clearer idea:





Sad but true, in this day and age, nothing is set in stone anymore. Feelings are too fleeting, and it explains why people give in to weaknesses. Why do people cheat? Why has the sanction of marriage disintegrated to such extents? People don't love each other in a steadfast manner anymore, do they? Why do people play the field? Is it because they don't love each other anymore? Have they run out of things in common? Do people change with time so much so that they weren't the same people as when they first fell in love?

I do believe that sometimes, it takes two hands to clap when it comes to the breakdown of a marriage. The husband with the wandering eyes cheats, the wife with a malicious mouth rants on and on, the husband that was sick of his increasingly unattractive wife, the wife who was indignant with the husband always too absorbed with work, the husband whose frustrated about the lack of steam between the sheets, the wife who believed in "an eye for an eye"...the list just goes on and on, doesn't it? & it does not help that people always have excuses. It is always, afterall, easier to blame someone other than yourself. Albeit excuses, I still think there is no reason to cheat. There is never a good motive behind deliberately hurting someone. Ask 9 out of 10 people who was ever cheated, I am sure they would appreciate a relationship being broken off in an honest and opened manner than live in the dark about the secret affairs their spouses have behind their backs. Perhaps the cheater still love their spouses, but life is like that: you can't have your cake and eat it "TWO". The very moment you give in to temptation, you had done nothing but placed a tremendous amount of hurt and sin against your partner. Say what you want about still loving your wife/husband...if you have in you the capacity to cheat, then have the decency to break the news to your spouse. I think most of them will appreciate the kindness, or having a choice. Speaking for myself, I am likely to forgive a cheating spouse who admits his affair and is truly repentant, than to be told lie after lie on the pretext that he still loves me and is "taking care" of my feelings. Of course, I know a lot of suckers out there who gets high on living in denial and choosing to be in the dark. But trust me, always be the one who walk out being the winner. Easier said than done, but try hard to step out of the dark and you WILL see the light.

So to all the potential cheaters out there, think twice before causing devious hurt. And to all the cheated, life will be better if you stop bluffing yourself and start believing that you deserve honest and kind love. Afterall, human beings are made equal and we all deserve some good lovin'.


0 comments (create) - (View)