T R A V E L L U S - F R E Q U E N T U S

navigate using the bars above, pink for main blog content

Tis' the season to be movin'
9:34 AM - Friday, December 26, 2008


"Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body." - Cher

Did my own personal "iron woman" of sorts today. Too much sin(good food) over the X'mas week, time to work it off before more comes in during new year. Sometimes I wonder if overindulgence is tantamount to crime... lol. Cycled some 15 km from East coast park to Changi beach...and Mavis was wondering where the heck I went. I was just surprised that the sealed construction which blocked off Changi route from ECP was opened, so I decided to venture a bit further...well, maybe more than just a bit. I cycled all the way to Changi airport area and saw aeroplanes landing and taking off...it's the first time I saw huge planes flying, & at such proximity too. Quite a peaceful sight somehow. However, I didn't manage to capture any shots of these planes as they were too fast for me. By the time I reached out to the basket to grab my phone, the planes already disappear from sight. Well, still managed to take some scenic shots whilst cycling (& trying very hard indeed to balance with one hand)


Photobucket


Photobucket


Though I was exhausted after cycling, I felt guilty for indulging in the yummilious black pepper pasta from Swensens at lunch time. So after Mavis drove us all back, I took a short nap and went out for a 6km jog in the evening. There weren't many people in Siglap today as I was jogging past, I knew as I was trying to ogle at some potential cute guys but found none to my dismay.

I find the need to explain why I recently took the siglap route more often than the usual 15 rounds in bedok stadium - Bedok stadium was getting more mundane; the same indian woman with messy hair and body odor (I suspect she's a nutcase) sitting at the stands watching joggers with her eagle-eye (I sometimes am worried my water gets poisoned or spit into cos she always sits really near to where I place my bottle while I go for my run) , the same guy who looked like he's in his mid thirties and suffering from mid-life crisis (he always takes out his top to run and as he runs, he groans and moans akin to what I can sum up as "sex sounds"...as if he was making love to the running track), the same couple; an indian man and his chinese wife who never runs but walks round and round the track from the start of my run to the end of it (which is around 45 mins, I wonder why they had the patience to walk round & round for 45 mins looking at the same scenery, might as well take the siglap route walk, at least they can see some greenery & even hanky-pank if they so desired, i.e., stadium's lighting is too bright for them to hanky-pank without some 30 pairs of eyes staring at them); and the same joker (a PRC) who tried on several attempts to chat me up and gets ignored everytime (that idiot had the audacity to ask me to leave the stadium with him and help him set up an email account...yes, it's weird but true). Thus, I've decided sometimes I should take the siglap route, at least I get to see some fresh faces.

I'm also on a Museli bar dinner diet now, and as I'm typing my blog, my stomach groans loudly. Was inspired by Mavis's speech as we were doing some X'mas dinner dining at Swiss Culture yesterday. She was saying that during her FYP, she weighed a mere 43kgs as she only survived on Museli bars for dinner; "too busy to get proper dinner" - she explained (now she weighs 50kgs but she's 1.64m tall, so it's all good). After her speech, I was inclined to think that a museli bar dinner diet could do me a lot of good, better to lose the weight before I gain any in Sweden. I thus bought 2 boxes of museli bars which could last me for the remaining days till I leave Sg on 14th Jan.

Then again, I'm hitting Timbre again tomorrow and I am already planning to indulge in Midori 7-up, chicken wings and the yummilicious roasted duck pizza. So much for my museli bar diet. Damnit.


0 comments (create) - (View)