T R A V E L L U S - F R E Q U E N T U S

navigate using the bars above, pink for main blog content

Lil' Miss Broke!
10:40 PM - Friday, December 12, 2008


"She was a spendthrift of the spirit, an American in Paris when, as Evelyn Waugh said, the going was good." - Anatole broyard

I'm officially broke, having spent nearly $800 in 3 days. Just came back from toiletry shopping and I think perhaps a sex change would do me some good. Gerald told me he spent less than $50 on his toiletries...so how the hell did mine come up to $157.80??!! (& these were exclusive of the clinique eyecream, 20 facial sheet masks, hair serum, cotton pads, other pads etc etc!)

I schemingly asked Mavis to help me get the eycream from airport (in the hopes of her offering it as an x'mas gift eventually) and shamelessly asked my mum to get me the BLV perfume for x'mas! Tee hee...these will save me a good $100++! The Mango sale was fanta-bulous as well, managed to get a grunge looking winter jacket for $59 and the coveted trench coat-like jacket for $119!

Photobucket

The grunge one

Photobucket

Being my vain self...lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

The trench coat-like one

Mum needed one during her visit in March as well, so I bought her the grunge jacket in brown as her birthday present, & she said she will leave it behind for me if I want. Haha!

Photobucket

Actually it looks rather similar to the black one

Aunt Joanne whose coming with mum to visit me, bought the white one...so the 3 of us will strut down the streets wearing the same jackets! Luckily I did not let the lady from the winter clothing shop coax me into buying the thick but functional winter coat that costs $280 and made me look like a "ba-chang" (a.k.a meat dumpling). Bought nice leather gloves as well (I'm just not the knitted or fleece type of girl) and a really cute ear muff ($9.90 only and super cute!).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Intended to put the Duo MFA award money to good use but as per usual, I could not resist the sales in Orchard and bought nearly $100 worth of PJs from La Senza.

Photobucket

Photobucket

How could I resist these??!!

The award money is nearly gone now, and with the euro dollar weakening, I think I will only get 8k which was about $400 lesser than I anticipated. After paying for my air tickets, hostel bills (S$600 a month, damn bloody expensive for a small room), insurance, residence permit, toiletries and winter clothings, I only have 2K left... I know mum would prolly lend me money cos she did not want me to owe the bank ("I'll rather let you owe me so you need not pay interest", she offered), but in the last discussion I had with her, she told me in a mock sarcastic/joking manner: " Does my face look like an ATM machine to you?".

I'm also trying to pack my cupboard in anticipation of the thick clothing that will be going in. And as promised, here's a photo of my disgustingly untidy cupboard in which all my clothes had been rolled and thrown in instead of folded.

Photobucket

2/3 of my cupboard with contents spilling out.

Photobucket

The disgusting top section which contain numerous pieces of unfolded miscellaneous stuff including tees, bottoms, socks, shawls etc.

Initially, I thought 2 hours was enough to clear my cupboard, but that madness took me 3hours and I haven't even folded my clothes. I just organised the belt hanger (Yes, I need a multi-layer hanger to hang my belts) and threw out a record-breaking 121 pieces of clothing which I rolled into mini ball-like shape and squeezed into 4 bags.

Photobucket

Belt hanger front-view

Photobucket

Belt hanger back-view

Photobucket

4 bags worth of trash

As Mavis puts it: "Always clear out the clutter from your life", I decided that if the old ones are not going out, new ones can't make their way in. Most of these clothes are too big or passe now anyway, and I intend to stock my cupboard full with H&M after my exchange.

Took some photos of my beloved caps as well:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nearly added a new one from Ed Hardy into my collection yesterday while shopping in Heeren, but Mitch stopped me after chastising me for being such a spendthrift (bloody hell, she herself bought that bloody tee for 179 bucks...), but it's good that she stopped me, cos I would totally regret bombing 268 bucks on a cap.

Hope thurs comes soon, it's Mum's 49th birthday and Mav had taken the day off. We'll be taking mum for dim sum high tea of some sort and then driving down to pick the luggage Mav bought me...hope it's big enough to contain all the stuff that I'll be bringing. Luckily BA is giving me 46kgs of baggage allowance. Just 1 more month to Lund! Swedish dreaming!



0 comments (create) - (View)