T R A V E L L U S - F R E Q U E N T U S

navigate using the bars above, pink for main blog content

Whatever will be, will be. (So quit thinking too much already!)
8:55 AM - Tuesday, September 09, 2008


"Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see...Que Sera, Sera, What will be, will be." - From the song "Que Sera Sera" by Doris Day

Many lament that 'waiting' is the most common activity a human being does; one needs to wait to eat, wait to shit, wait to sleep, wait to pee and wait to what-have-you. However, I beg to differ. I think 'thinking' is the most common activity we do. We even need to think before we act on anything, heck, we even need to think whether we want to wait to do whatever. For e.g.; In the morning, we think if we should snooze the alarm for another 10 minutes, then we think whether we will be late doing that. Thereafter we wait to see if our hands will automatically hit the snooze button. So I think (pardon the overuse of the word) that 'thinking' the the most engaged activity of all time.

I, for one, love to think, and thinking involves the use of my brain (@ this point I might have to add that although I'm awed by the brain and its capabilities, I am not so thrilled about learning the scientific aspect of it--> as I am forced to now, doing Neurobiology in school *cue -_-"' face*).
I love to think about things, & then more often than not, create imagery out of somewhat unnecessary scenarios/happenings. However, I don't feel that I'm isolated in this cos I know for sure that there are people like me who read into things more than a typical human being; and also some nuts out there who think so much, they drive themselves, well, nuts...

Anyway, back to thinking right. Today I forgot to charge my faithful companion, Mr Ipod, so I had to pick up a book to read on the way to school. So as I was reading that book which was teaching me how to be a more approachable human being, I had an eureka moment. I realise that if I want to become a more approachable individual, I will have to stop thinking so much and just let some things go. It's all kinda poignant how a space of a decade can change me so much. I remembered the times when I was carefree, I thought less about stuff, I dared to get down and dirty, and I don't care a damn about looking ugly---> especially whilst playing all those orientation-like games like being thrown water/flour bombs or rolling in a pool of muddy water during forfeit etc.. As I grew more mature, I became more guarded in my actions and feelings. I was much more self-aware in the looks dept, so much so that I couldn't be cajoled into posing silly for a photo just last thursday in which all my friends wanted to look silly. Very often, I think about how my future life will be and then I get stressed out thinking about the "what ifs"...(What if I don't earn enough next time, what if I don't do that...) & I am reading more and more into people's actions and words (not always in a negative light but fairly often) so much so that I had more or less morphed into a pessimistic soul. Funny thing is that I know I am capable of being optimistic, and that I am capable of becoming less guarded and I know for sure that I deserve to have a life as fantastic as I want it to be. I've come to an understanding that I have not had serious fun in ages and I am determined not to let this negative aura surround me. I will relax and take it easy, I will radiate positiveness and I shall let my life roll ahead of me naturally. I will sing "Que sera sera" to myself repeatedly every night from now on; complete with the fake- mike hand action (I kid...lol)























What I said today does not make sense right? It's ok, cos it doesn't makes much sense to me too.



This song was playing in my head the whole day, couldn't resist posting it.


0 comments (create) - (View)