T R A V E L L U S - F R E Q U E N T U S

navigate using the bars above, pink for main blog content

Perhaps next year, my resolution is not to set anymore resolutions
7:49 AM - Wednesday, January 23, 2008


n
Can't make up my mind between these 2 excellent quotes...so here's the both of them:

Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve - Benjamin Franklin

Good resolutions are like babies crying in church; they should be carried out immediately - Charles M. Sheldon


The sacred task of churning out the list of new year resolutions finally hits me. It will be an uphill task to fulfill the whole list of my annual resolutions but I will still set them anyway. Anyway, the whole point of resolutions was never being able to totally resolve them, right?

So here's my annual list of "going-to-be-at-least-50%-unresolved" resolutions...and they are...(in no particular order):

1) Loose 10kg (I'll try hard, I promise)
2) Hit the gym 2-3 times a week (Body combat! Hot yoga! Body Pump! Sculpt!)
3) Run at least 5km a week (Bedok stadium beckons...)
4) Keep lesser late nights (dark eye rings...be gone!)
5) Eliminate my diet of all drinks except water (2 litre a day), fruit juice & low-fat milk (ok...I admit I can't quit my favourite teh-tarik...but I will cut down)
6) Be more hardworking & pull up my GPAs! (setting a goal for the dsta scholarship)
7) Take dinner before 7pm (that's what the trainer says...)
8) Cut carbs totally during dinner time for at least 4-5 days a week (rice, noodles and bread & potatoes will be my very distant relatives this year)
9) Sleep at least 7 hours a day
10) Stop watching dvds beyond 3am!
11) Be less critical of people (Be at peace with myself & others)
12) Be a more holistic person (patience, tolerance, honesty...)
13) Driving license
14) Use facial masks 4 times a week + invest in a good facial sunblock (collagen is rapidly lost once women hit 25...& I'm darn bloody close to that)
15) Save $1000 this year (completely drained after my 2.3K eyelid surgery)
16) 2 apples, 2 bananas & 2 cups of tomato+red apple juice a week (figured out it would be more effective to define a fixed amount)
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...

Can't think of anymore as of now.

Looked through last year's resolutions...sadly, I only fulfilled 5.5 resolutions out of 20! Arghhhhhhhh..................!!!!! That wasn't even 50%! In fact it's a sad & miserable % of 25! Why the 0.5 for 5.5? Cos I only managed to loose 5kgs out of my goal of 12 last year. Heck!

This year, I will and must fulfill 50% of my 16 resolutions...wish me luck!


0 comments (create) - (View)