T R A V E L L U S - F R E Q U E N T U S

navigate using the bars above, pink for main blog content

C is for Complain and Complain is for me
9:17 AM - Monday, December 04, 2006


r
Life is a fatal complaint, and an eminently contagious one - Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894), "The Poet at the Breakfast-Table", 1872

In the dictionary known as my life, I hardly ever see a page of optimism. If I could sum my life up in 1 word, it would be "dissatisfaction". I'm a very difficult friend to have. Anyone could ask my best friend how it feels to be my best friend. She would tell you that I complain incessantly. Anyone could ask my mum how it feels like to be my mum. She would tell you that besides being a spendthrift, I complain incessantly. Anyone could ask my sister how it feels like to be my sister. She would tell you that besides being an untidy person, I am also a spendthrift and I complain incessantly. There, you get my drift, complaining incessantly is my favourite activity in the world.

My first semester in NTU had ended finally, albeit uneventfully. I sat for the exams with a lot of dread and the feeling that I would not be able to even get an A for anything (poly days are so far away)...sigh... To top it off, I lost the inspiration to write a blog on the issue of racism and women...which I told myself that I would write once the exams were over. I was previously inspired by the soci elect lecture I was attending that I decided the next blog I write better be related to that issue. I was hoping to draw ideas from there, but then after the exams, which killed 3/4 of my brain cells, I am left with cranial damage and possible premature Alzheimer's disease. So I am now high and dry with nothing remotely smart to write about. So what do I do? I do what I know best. I complain. Complain. And Complain.

Today was a perfect day for me to complain. In the morning, mum accompanied me to my hall to get my stuff back home. We had to take a cab cos Mitch's bf was unable to drive me there due to some unforseen circumstances, & Mav had just called it quits with her bf (again). So 2 sources of transport are cut off. So all the way I complained about how much I wanted a car, get my freaking driving license soon, blah blah blah...(bloody comfort driving centre made me wait 3 months for my advanced theory...F%^&). I think mum's ear almost bled from my buzzing, but in the end she agreed that upon obtaining my license, she would calculate our finances and maybe get me a car. I asked for a kangoo though, it is cheaper and it runs on diesel instead of petrol, so it would save me a lot of money. But it requires registration of a company because you can't just purchase kangoos any-o-how. Then again, no problem there because mum could register her chinatown antique shop's name for me. :) I saw one of those kangoos on campus before, the person designed the back with carpets and soft cushions and stuff. V. nice. I am already dreaming about owning a pink kangoo (very the Bimbz, but I like.).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cutie!!!

Upon reaching home and unpacking my stuff, I realised that I've accumulated lots of notes and my bookshelf can hardly sustain them. I can't throw them because I might need them. So what did I do? I complain & cursed the lecturers for giving us so much notes and setting a lame 2.5 hrs paper with hardly anything related to the notes they made us read. After that, I set off to town to shop with mum. Soon, I was on the complain mode again. Complaining that I wanted a boob reduction+firming job because for the 1001 time, the 1001th nice blouse that I set my eyes on is ok in every area except the boob area. That is despite having lost 7kgs. I am pissed as hell. I hate being fat and having ugly boobs and ugly evrything else. Damnit. Now I have to add an additional surgery to the previous rhinoplasty and double eyelid job. But I am broke as hell. However, I am confident that before i graduate, I would at least have the double eyelid job done. I would make sure about that, somehow. Perhaps the only highlight of the day was Olio Dome. The mango salad and club sandwich was divine.

So just as I thought that the day would end finally without complaints, I realised that the kose black mask had been sitting on my face for 1hr 15 mins already. It is getting too tight and some of it had gotten stuck onto my hair. I am going to have a painful time later. Argh...the perils of being a vainpot! :(


0 comments (create) - (View)